My Book

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

No Credibility At All....




While channel surfing Saturday trying to get any information I could on the downed helicopter in Iraq, I finally gave up! You see my son is in the army and was scheduled to be transferred this weekend. He works on helicopters so you might be able to see why I was concerned.

I switched to CNN, because they have orgasms to report anything bad that happens to our troops due to their blame America first agenda(however I do feel Lou Dobbs is sincere and does a good job reporting). CNN spent less than thirty seconds reporting on the crash and switched to blast Bush on his Iraq policy. While Bush's policy has sucked to this point I just wanted some news on the troops. I switched to FOX news and they were doing ANOTHER story on the kidnapped kids in Missouri for the millionth time, no news on the helicopter crash from FOX. I switched to MSNBC and they were reporting breaking news about American Idol. I turned off the TV and came here to my computer and got lucky and got an IM from my son.

Knowing that he was safe I turned my attention to the news hacks and got a pen and paper out and kept track of the news stories for 6 straight hours. Here is the breakdown;

FOX 2 hours

2 Mentions of the death toll in Iraq.

4 stories of Bush's Iraq policy.

6 Duke rape case reports.

6 Missouri Kidnapping reports.

7 American Idol reports

8 Hilary Clinton reports.

5 Barak Obama reports.

2 Iran reports.

1 China missile satelite weapon.


MSNBC

Almost identical to FOX with the exception of American Idol, which had 3 more reports than FOX.


CNN

Spent the whole two hours bashing Bush and love fest over Hilary and Obama.


My point is that when American Idol, Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump are the top stories in the news during this period of history, it shows why network and cable news are losing their credibility. They are turning into three Entertainment Tonight shows. Shows like O'Reilly, Hannity and Combs. Scarborough Country, and Countdown have become nothing more than blather. How many times has Larry King had someone on from the freaking OJ Simpson case. The whole world knows every detail about that case, why do people keep watching that pathetic excuse for a journalist. The hardest question he has ever asked was asking Chad Lowe if was hard to stop taking drugs.

I HATE THEM ALL...THEY SUCK and are only getting worse.

How many people have been kidnapped in our country along the border in the past year? 64, not one news story about that. I am glad the boys in Missouri are safe and back home, but give me a break I don't need to hear about it for three weeks. Dakota Fanning's new movie Hound Dog, is a way for Networks to lure perverts to their newscasts. Talking about a 13 year old girl being raped should be handled by Prosecutors. The problem is, the same people that make that filth are the same companies that own the networks.

The cable networks brag about how their ratings are through the roof. The truth is they are minuscule to the people who search for their own news on the Internet.

The media decides all presidential elections in this country and most of the senate and congress races. They find a candidate that they can build up as the Messiah and once they build him up, they tear him down. They have brainwashed the American public to think the way they want you to.

I use to listen to Rush Limbaugh every day for many years. Now he makes me feel the same way towards him that I do towards Bush. His arrogance and ego have gone way over the top. He is a big gorilla on the radio, but when he goes on TV to defend the republicans or his opinion he comes off as weak when someone challenges him.

So here's hoping the Internet continues to keep those of us who could care less that it snowed 3 inches in Oklahoma in January, or whether the accuser in the Duke rape case is pregnant...I DON'T CARE...


No comments: